No matter how hard we try to avoid it, the dreaded winter weather is on its way here. It’s time to start taking out winter coats, mittens and boots out from winter storage. But don’t stop there- it’s also time to rejuvenate what’s under those winter layers – your skin. It’s no secret that the combination of dry air and holiday stress can prove to be a nightmare for your skin, so as with any other season, you will have to adjust your daily routine accordingly to keep your skin fresh and renewed. Keep your “skin-sane” with our top five tips this winter.
- Balance. Using a moisturizing toner will balance your skin’s pH levels to a normal level of between 4.5 – 6. This allows the rest of your products to work more effectively and penetrate deeper. Using Enza Essential’s Saturation Toner will increase the hydration for dry, weathered skin. And, bonus! This toner also helps prevent early signs of aging, including fine lines and wrinkles.
- Be strong. With the holiday baking and sweets about, it seems impossible to resist sugar. But did you know that excess sugar can age you? When your body processes sugar, it turns into glucose which can destroy collagen and your skin’s elasticity, which is a big factor in aging skin. You may want to pass on that extra chocolate chip cookie, for your skin’s sake.
- Out with the old. Winter is the perfect time to get rid of old items you don’t need any more, right? It’s an even better time to get rid of dead skin and bacteria left on your face with a gentle, oatmeal-based exfoliator. Exfoliating two to three times each week will help avoid acne scarring and irritation. We suggest the Saturation Aloe Scrub, a hydrating exfoliator that nourishes and provides extra moisture.
- Watch out! We know its cold, but extreme heat from the blow dryer, sink water, or shower can break capillaries, cause irritation and end up drying out your skin even more. Use lukewarm water to keep your skin calm.
- Drench and hydrate. Don’t forget to use deep-hydrating creams and facials to ensure your skin is receiving enough moisture during this harsh, dry season. The best time to apply a moisturizer is just after getting out of the shower while your skin is still moist. For your body, we recommend using the Shea Body Butter by Enza Essentials, rich with antioxidants and vitamins A and E to protect every inch of skin. For the face, try the Saturation Herbal Crème.
Now after changing your closet from your summer dresses to winter jackets, it’s time to start changing into your winter skin care routine. With these five easy tips, you can keep your skin happy all winter long.
For more skin solutions, visit our website at www.enza.com or www.ruckermd.com or schedule an appointment at the Enza Medispa by calling 1-800-456-8222.