A: Regarding Liposuction with the Tummy Tuck:
- Many feel that liposuction in the upper abdominal area during a tummy tuck can cause poor healing issues above the pubic area.
- Many physicians are willing to do some limited liposuction in the upper abdominal area in a healthy non-smoking patient.
- I prefer limited liposuction above and more aggressive fat removal at the waist with the possibility of a small in office liposuction procedure done down the road if necessary.
- In the vast majority of patients I feel a vertical scar is not necessary.
- The patient that may benefit is one that has lost a considerable amount of weight and has skin laxity from top to bottom as well as side to side.